Advertise your aquarium related items or things you're on the lookout for...

Postby Endler » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:57 am

Hi guys,

I've been talking with my lfs, and thought he was joking when I told him about the 4foot tank I inherited. The guy made a comment that I should use it to breed shrimp in.

I've had a look online at some different sites about shrimp and thought it could be a good venture so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone would be interested in buying shrimp if I did go into it.

Askin first as I don't want to spend money setting it up if there is no interest in it lol.

Drop me a pm or post your thoughts here.

Re: Shrimpery

Postby englishmx » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Red Cherry Shrimp are ten a penny and won't make you much money as they are simple to breed, you probably will end up having to give them away.

Crystal Red on the other hand, if you can breed high 'grades' through selective breeding then there is money in it, it is far from easy mind, took me 8 months to get to this point....

Shrimps can be very fussy regarding water parameters, especially if you are trying to breed, spot on PH, low/minimal NitrAtes etc. Personally I would not do it in a 4ft tank, way too big, I have tried it in a 180L tank and struggled keeping everything 'spot on' for them

Postby greatwhitegoldfish » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I think this is a good idea, but it might be hard to sell a lot of them if you want to only sell in your neighborhood or places you can easily drive to. But then again, it could make easy money.

Postby SparkyST » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Red cherry shrimp are easy to breed, I started with 4 and now have over 30 in 3 months!!! Going to have to start giving them away soon.

Return to Buy, Sell & Swap