Mix of Barbs may want new home(s) - S Wales

Advertise your aquarium related items or things you're on the lookout for...

Mix of Barbs may want new home(s) - S Wales

Postby Neveraliein » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 am

Not been here for a while so not sure whether any South Wales members are still around. This is a bit tentative at the moment as I'm still not totally decided but I am thinking of shutting down my barb tank for a while. I have
5 Tiger
3 Golden
2 Cherry (1M, 1F as the other female died a while ago)
1 Albino Tiger

Pontypridd area

I'm not looking to mess anyone around, but to help me come to an emotionally difficult decision, I thought I'd check out irst whether there's anyone local interested. PM me and I can explain further, but my head is saying it makes sense if I can find the fish a good home.
Neet
Fluval 125L
3 Gold Barb, 5 Tiger Barb
2 Cherry Barb. Plants. Soft, alkaline water

45L tank
7 Cardinal Tetra & some shrimps
Neveraliein

Re: Mix of Barbs may want new home(s) - S Wales

Postby markee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 pm

A lot of peeps have come & gone, some pop back every now & then to say hello, but not too often :(

I don't know the circumstances behind your decision but i was in a similar situation a while back, i had always wanted to keep Frontosa for as long as i've been keeping fish but had never had a tank big enough. I then got the tank & the Frontosa soon followed, however a year down the line it wasn't working & i rehomed them, i regretted the decision everyday afterwards & was always asking myself could i have done something different. Well a few months ago i'd had enough of regretting my decision & i got some more (tried tracking down my old group but could only find one) but trying it a little different from last time. It's always a difficult decision to make to give up fish but i'm sure your reasons for doing so are justified, i know you will regret giving them up but i'm sure at some point in the future you will have some more :wink:
markee

Postby Neveraliein » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks Markee - good to see you're still about :D I remember you getting the Frontosa, sorry they went and you regretted it :( . Are you still in RAF?

I'll definitely restock, as I'm on a temporary, emergency filter so careful monitoring for any spikes and I plan to decorate soon so had kept stock to minimum anyway, it would make sense to shut down until after the decorating and just keep the smaller, 45L going for now. The emotional bit is the connection with my husband who died last year.

I just realised I haven't updated my signature, I'll see if I can remember how to do it!
Neet
Fluval 125L

45L tank
Neveraliein

Postby markee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Neet,

I am sorry to hear of your loss :(

Apologies for not replying sooner. Yes i am still in the RAF, i got promoted & signed on for another 8 years, i spend the majority of my life on the road now & it's hit & miss as to when i can get online. Have you still got the Barbs & have you finished your decorating yet?
markee

Postby Neveraliein » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Congrats on the promotion !

Decided to keep the barbs and defer decorating despite the fact that I want to really sort out the tank :-) It makes sense to do both at the same time but decorating is best left for a while. If everything goes to plan (a rarity in my life!) I'll be able to decorate between redundancy and whatever is next and it will all be far more controlled than trying to juggle with work.
Neet
Fluval 125L

45L tank
Neveraliein

Postby markee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:40 am

The promotion was kinda like a double edge sword, job security against spending the next 8 years travelling. The biggest thing for me was getting to the 22 year point, this is where my pay-off & pension is safe, if i left before that point i would lose pretty much all of it but now i'm beyond that point, if i decide to leave early i still get it (plus more with the extra time done since the 22 year point). Which was really the biggest factor for taking the promotion, that if the constant travelling is too much i can leave & i will still get my pension & pay-off.

It does sound like a good plan & it will keep you busy (if you want to be kept busy that is :lol: ). You sound a little like me, you want to do something but are weighing up the pro's & con's etc (some people call it decision making but i call it faffing!) but deep down you already know what you're going to do & you're just trying to convince yourself to do it. Stop faffing & sort the tank out :rofl:
markee

Postby Neveraliein » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Not faffing, just waiting for you to offer to sort it out for me :cheeky:
Neet
Fluval 125L

45L tank
Neveraliein

Postby markee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:15 pm

You wouldn't want me sorting your tank out, you'd end up with Cichlids in it :rofl:
markee

Postby Neveraliein » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:35 pm

hmm, now that's something else to faff about :lol:
Neet
Fluval 125L

45L tank
Neveraliein

Postby pandacory » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm

I would have had them but I have decided on either apistogramma's or kribs with cardinals.
sorry to hear about your loss Neet.
stuart

planted tank
3 oto's
6 lemon tetra
6silvertip tetra

marine setup fowlr
volitan lionfish
lemonpeel angel
crimson hawkfish
pajama cardinal

http://www.wix.com/tismeffs/sgaquariumcleaningservices
pandacory

Postby Neveraliein » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks Stuart. I've decided to keep them for now at least. I have some more faffing about to do pending redundancy, then I WILL get the tank sorted even if Mark isn't going to help :cheeky:
Neet
Fluval 125L

45L tank
Neveraliein

Postby markee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Neveraliein wrote:hmm, now that's something else to faff about :lol:

Well there is a vast array of Cichlids out there so you would need plenty of 'faffing' time :lol:
markee

Return to Buy, Sell & Swap