a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Postby fishwagler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm

hello

Today I will talk about how water clearness can be affected by chemicals and how the best way to clear the water up in a new tank. when setting up a new tank the gravel or sand will have particles in it which will make it slighly merky even if you have washed the substrate. The filter will clear up these particles which helps clear up the water but the filter will not be perfoming the way it should so bacteria is needed. the product filter start from interpret is a great way to clear up the water within a few days and it also gives the filter essential bacteria which is needed but if you overdose the chemical it can kill very important bacteria so be aware and always read the packet.

I hope this information helps
ps sorry this is meant to be in beginer

Jake
the fishwagler says hi
fishwagler
Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Postby englishmx » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:58 pm

fishwagler wrote:hello

The product filter start from interpret is a great way to clear up the water within a few days and it also gives the filter essential bacteria which is needed but if you overdose the chemical it can kill very important bacteria so be aware and always read the packet.


Disagree!

I am yet to be convinced that these 'Bacteria in a bottle' treatments do any good, let nature do what nature does best. Apart from dechlorinator I have never put anything else in my tanks
Mike...
User avatar
englishmx
Member
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: South West

Re: a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Postby fishwagler » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:35 am

yes thats fair enough put it has made my water clearer but everyone has their own opinions but i know what you mean by the chemicals i find them alright so i use them i think it can speed up the process a little also.

thanks for the comment

Jake
the fishwagler says hi
fishwagler
Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Re: a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Postby Phil White » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 am

englishmx wrote:
fishwagler wrote:hello

The product filter start from interpret is a great way to clear up the water within a few days and it also gives the filter essential bacteria which is needed but if you overdose the chemical it can kill very important bacteria so be aware and always read the packet.


Disagree!

I am yet to be convinced that these 'Bacteria in a bottle' treatments do any good, let nature do what nature does best. Apart from dechlorinator I have never put anything else in my tanks


Well when we set up our Malawi tank we filled it with RO water from our own system then let the filters run a few days before adding some filter start then about two weeks later we added fish.
The water chemistry has been spot on with all the water tests being all clear so it did work for us.
Phil White
Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: Wigan Lancs

Re: a guide to clearer water on a new tank

Postby englishmx » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Phil White wrote:
englishmx wrote:
fishwagler wrote:hello

The product filter start from interpret is a great way to clear up the water within a few days and it also gives the filter essential bacteria which is needed but if you overdose the chemical it can kill very important bacteria so be aware and always read the packet.


Disagree!

I am yet to be convinced that these 'Bacteria in a bottle' treatments do any good, let nature do what nature does best. Apart from dechlorinator I have never put anything else in my tanks


Well when we set up our Malawi tank we filled it with RO water from our own system then let the filters run a few days before adding some filter start then about two weeks later we added fish.
The water chemistry has been spot on with all the water tests being all clear so it did work for us.


So you are doing a 'fish in cycle' then :wink:
Mike...
User avatar
englishmx
Member
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: South West


Return to Freshwater Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests