FISH FOOD?

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

FISH FOOD?

Postby cobden28 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:47 am

What fish food to you give to the fish in your aquariums?

I have a 4 ft tank with guppies, platies, tetra's (black neons & glowlights), catfish and a couple of hatchet fish; when I give then algae pellets, there's a feeding frenzy with the livebearers & catfish with the tetra's & hatchets not getting a look in. I vary the food I give to my fish so I don't think it'll do my tetra's or hatchet fish to miss the occasional meal, but is there anything I could get for them that they're fond of and does them good? I have dried bloodworms, daphnia and tubifex cubes which they all eat with relish & enjoyment (as well as a general tropical flake food), but is there anything - possibly meaty-based and in small pieces/flakes - that the hatchets & tetra's would particularly enjoy?

Once a week I like to buy live food, preferably tubifex or bloodworms, but had a minor stroke five weeks ago and as yet am not allowed to drive so haven't been able to drive out to my LFS to get any live food. As soon as I am allowed to drive I intend to fo to my LFS to stock up on fish food, so any suggestions for my tetra's & hatchets would be welcome.
cobden28

Re: FISH FOOD?

Postby Carylnz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 am

Try feeding a mixture of flake, granules and bottom feeder pellets. The flake can be eaten by the top feeders, the middle feeders can go for the granules and the catfish chow down on the pellets.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Return to Freshwater Discussion