WOW fish suggestions

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

WOW fish suggestions

Postby gingerj » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi,

I need help to identify a show piece fish for my tank, which makes people go whoa when they look in. I am currently failing to location a species that fits the bill:
- Not a a discus
- Cannot grow bigger than 10cm
- I guess not a cichlid because of my current inhabitants
- Is a stunner (subjective I know)

When I look in the marine fish sections and I see a plethora, freshwater... erm not so much :|

Any ideas are appreciated?

Warm regards,
James
Community tank inhabitants:
    9 Neon Tetras
    5 Red Wag Platys
    5 Lampeye Tetras
    3 Glass Catfish
    3 Half Backs
    2 Orange Sailfin Molly
    2 Albino Cory
    1 Red Tail Black Shark
    1 Julii Cory
gingerj

Re: WOW fish suggestions

Postby PeterMcgee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:50 pm

depending on the size of your tank how about a opaline or golden gourani which looks striking when they reach full size about 4-6 inch, or maybe a rainbow fish which have awesome colour when they mature
PeterMcgee

Postby ady » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:47 pm

i have oplaines,rainbows aswell...they do add colour.

maybe a pair of kribensis would siut you well...dont get too big and when in breeding colours there are few fish to match em.they are generally peaceful..although they do defend their breeding area and young with gusto..so other tank residents stay out of the way.

also have you thought about dwarf gourami's..the red one's are gorgeous,with a flash of powder blue along the top of it's dorsal fin.....
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Postby ssscrudddy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

depending on tank size, how about a dragon goby. Big fish with teeth, looks dead viscious, but is a really tame filter feeder, wont even touch the smallest of fry...

When I saw WoW fish, I thought how about a dread-dragon-goby as a permanent flying class specific mount for my Undead Warlock, along the same lines as my dreadsteed
ssscrudddy

Return to Freshwater Discussion