ADVICE ON A POOR FISH KEEPER

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

ADVICE ON A POOR FISH KEEPER

Postby SplashOfColour » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:52 pm

i have a friend who keeps fish. he has been overstocking his tanks for a while. he had a 23l tank with 3 angelfish, 12 livebearers and 5-6 tetras. he then moved onto a 60l tank brought from me, on the condition he would run it properly and look it after it. he now has 18 cardinal tetras, 10 platys, 6 guppys, two glass catfish and 3 angelfish. his tank is filled with plants and rocks, and there is literally no room. i cant tell him because he thinks he knows best and im wrong and he is right, and that i 'under-stock my tank' and he still has room for more fish! this comes from a guy who has wiped out all of his fish by attempting to clean his tank with baby steriliser, and has been through 7-angelfish and 30+ other fish, which have obviously now died. i am not a strong willed person and so give up to easy when i try to tell him, so i have been trying to get some of his fish off of him, but he says no he is getting more, and he has 40 fish in his tank at present. what should i do? ADVICE PLEASE
SplashOfColour

Re: ADVICE ON A POOR FISH KEEPER

Postby ady » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 pm

i remember the story from awhile ago splash.

what a total " ".....input suitable 4 letter expletive here.....i know what mine is...

contact RSPCA and see what they say!!!

show him this site,coz i wouldnt let him keep fleas,let alone fish
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Postby SplashOfColour » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Cheers ady, seriously irritating me now! His tank is dirty and there is poop settling all on the gravel, the waste levels must be through the roof, his cardinals have white spot, he has someof my girlfriends platys, iv asked for them back cause i dont want him to kill them but he said no!:@
SplashOfColour

Postby Carylnz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 pm

You can't tell some people. If you are seriously concerned I would call the RSPCA but not sure if they will be much help. :roll:
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby SplashOfColour » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Its not nice to watch and see:( he will never listen
SplashOfColour

Postby ady » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:35 pm

email RSPCA and see what they say.........wot a total knobhead.....

at least you trying to help.....
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Postby SplashOfColour » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:38 pm

He wknt give me any fish, he wont listen, he wont stop buying them, he doesnt always clean them! Like i say ireally care for fish, but im not strong willed and dont really do arguments. Hes been known to even kill fish when he doesnt want them
SplashOfColour

Postby ady » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm

is this guy in need of a head doctor or what ??....... animal !!!
ady

Postby SplashOfColour » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Hes told me today, that he has reduced his numbers to 20, but hes getting two clown loaches and 6-12 more cardinals, so that would be on top of two glass catfish, 3 angelfish, 6 cardinalsand 9 live bearers! Think im gonna break in and try get his angelfish
SplashOfColour

Postby PassionateKeeper. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 pm

LET'S TAKE HIM DOWN
PassionateKeeper.

Return to Freshwater Discussion