Advice on dwarf gouramis plz.

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

Advice on dwarf gouramis plz.

Postby oz40 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi all.

I have recently exchange two silver shark for a pair of dwarf gouramis, i have had them for about eight days now. i kept them seperate for a coulpe of days then put them in the main tank.
Now yesterday i put in a new type of grass, name unknown, but it looks fluffy and is green in the center, changing to light brown. The male...George has taken a fancy to this and has spent most of today trying to build a nest. but where he has chosen is just behind the outlet for the filter, so it gets to a certan size and the gets dragged away by the flow. never the less he keeps going and then try's to get the female over there.

Should i just leave them to it ? should i reduce the flow? also i have been told if i do see eggs to remove the female, i do have a breeding net.

Thanks, Oz.
"Afterall Dogs never had a war, who's the real animal ?" Hubert Farnsworth.
oz40

Re: Advice on dwarf gouramis plz.

Postby Carylnz » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 am

Not sure you will have much success in the main tank. If you want to try and breed them, why not put them together in the other tank with the grass? Read up on spawning and what to do. I have never bred dwarf gouramis so can give no advice based on experience.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: Advice on dwarf gouramis plz.

Postby oz40 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 am

well no eggs this morning, but there is a second nest attatched to the stat end of the heater. Think i will leave them for a day or two and see what happens. also i will get the other tank ready, and do a little reaserch.
"Afterall Dogs never had a war, who's the real animal ?" Hubert Farnsworth.
oz40

Return to Freshwater Discussion