future tank mates (suggestions pls)

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

future tank mates (suggestions pls)

Postby cheapchickens » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 pm

hi, was wondering if i could ask opinion on my future fish. At the mo I have 7 neons, 4 german blue rams, 4 clown loach, 2 burmese loach, 2 albino black widow tetras, 3 male guppies and 2 mickey mouse platys. I would really like to add a few cockatoo cichlids but am concerned if they will conflict with my rams?? I have a 350L trigon and I have made a few territories for them. Another fish was the south american puffer, I would love to have this fish, will it be ok with my current stock?? If anyone has any suggestions for my current setup as well feel free. Just to note I will probably be getting 2 - 3 more black widows to make a sml shoal and the clown loach will be getting moved to a 6 footer in 12 months. thanks
cheapchickens

Re: future tank mates (suggestions pls)

Postby cheapchickens » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am

ok, still researching the puffer. Am I right in saying that they are quite aggressive and will nip fins?? Has anyone ever kept these and if so could you offer any advice??

thanks
cheapchickens

Postby ItWentWhereverIdidGo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:20 am

The Puffers will nip the fins of the Guppies at least, they are meant more for species tanks due to their delight in fin nipping.
ItWentWhereverIdidGo

Postby cheapchickens » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 am

ok, thanks. looks like the puffer idea is on hold for now then. You get so many mixed messages from different caresheets as a lot say the sth american one can live in a community tank, thanks again
cheapchickens

Return to Freshwater Discussion