Eggs - but from which fish/snail?

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

Eggs - but from which fish/snail?

Postby ssscrudddy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:02 pm

I spotted a bunch of eggs today, all attached to 1 strand of moss. But what are they from?

My assasin snails breed, even though I have never seen an egg, but I was under the impression their eggs were square goo with a round white blob inside, & scattered randomly about the tank stuck to stuff.
My rummy nose tetras seem to spawn most mornings, but I thought their eggs were free floating rather than laid on something.
Red shrimp, I thought shrimp carried their eggs until they hatch.
Kuhlie loach, I thought their eggs were green.
Apart from that, there is nothing else they could be from, 2 male guppies, 1 L200 pleco, 1 L444 pleco, 2 amano shrimp that have never had eggs in the several years they have been around (when there was 1 more amano several years ago 1 of them used to regularly carry eggs but not since 1 died)

Thats the best photo I could get, it hasnt been shrunk.
ssscrudddy

Re: Eggs - but from which fish/snail?

Postby englishmx » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:09 pm

There 'dropped' shrimp eggs from your Red Cherry's, it can happen sometimes if things are not right with your water, new to the tank, if they get 'spooked' or sometimes for no apparent reason at all
Mike...
englishmx

Postby ssscrudddy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 pm

OK, thanks for that. I did a water change yesterday, maybe that did it, plus the shrimp are quite young. Well I've got the eggs in a net, near the water flow from a spray bar, do you think they could possibly hatch if the mother isnt looking after them?
ssscrudddy

Postby englishmx » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 pm

ssscrudddy wrote:OK, thanks for that. I did a water change yesterday, maybe that did it, plus the shrimp are quite young. Well I've got the eggs in a net, near the water flow from a spray bar, do you think they could possibly hatch if the mother isnt looking after them?

Afraid not, but know doubt she will have another batch soon
Mike...
englishmx

Postby ssscrudddy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 am

Ok, cheers for the info. In that case, froggy food! Looks like my frogs are getting eggs for breakfast, I on the other hand have to go to the shop cuz my missus ate my last egg last night!
ssscrudddy

Return to Freshwater Discussion