New addition to my tank

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

New addition to my tank

Postby white van man » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

http://m1343.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... g.html?o=2 Hi all i have a new addition to my 200 ltr tank. He/she seems very playfull. Im a little worried that its not eaten yet as when i put the cube of blood worm in the tank the mollys guppys tetras and silver shark eats it as it sleeps under its rock. Any ideas please

Cheers
Steve
white van man

Re: New addition to my tank

Postby Carylnz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:36 am

My eyesight is not what it was but I think that is an Apteronotus albifrons , black ghost knife fish. These are quite timid so it may take a while to settle and resume eating. Do you know what it is used to eating? It may be fussy or it can take a week or so for some fish to settle in their new surroundings.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby white van man » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks for your reply. Your right it is a black ghost knife fish. I tried putting the flakes down one end of the tank whilet the blood worm breaks up around it at the other end and that seemed to work :)
Steve
white van man

Postby ady » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm

feed in the same area and it should get used to it....

doing the split feeding bit is a good idea...keeps the pesky greedy ones's happy and gives the BKGF a chnce to feed without problems.

gorgeous fish them aint they.
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Freshwater Discussion