Nice surprise

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

Nice surprise

Postby Carolann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Just fed fish and whilst I was stood watching them devour their food I noticed 3 little black fish, Nah, must have been my eyes but then after a couple of mins I saw them again, on further investigation I also found 2 of the batch of guppies born about a week ago, thought the tetra's had eaten the lot.
The little Black Mollies are proper little fish about half inch long and about as thick as stand of wool , anyone like to hazzard a guess as to how old they might be, Mum is heavily pregnant if that is any help, the guppies I know are about 1 week old.
Carolann

Re: Nice surprise

Postby Carylnz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Mollies are bigger than guppies but I would say they are probably about 3 weeks. Their rate of growth depends on how often, and how much, they have been fed so can vary a lot.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Re: Nice surprise

Postby Carolann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.
It has made my granddaughter happy ,she was after me getting breeding net , but I said no as we would soon get over run, this way the odd new edition is not to bad, it makes up for the odd 1 we have lost.
It would be nice if any of the guppies turned out like dad he is solid scarlet red with a lovely flowing tail.
Carolann

Return to Freshwater Discussion