Tropical fish in bags

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

Tropical fish in bags

Postby Miggy » Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 am

How long can tropical fish last in bags,there is a fish store near my brother which is about hour away from me, but I usually go back to my brothers for a couple of hours before returning home will they last, I have a cooler bag especially for fish, will this be o k. :?
Miggy

Re: Tropical fish in bags

Postby Carylnz » Wed May 29, 2013 10:53 am

I regularly buy fish in other places. The nearest fish shop is an hour and a half's drive from me. My favourite fish shop is in a city 3 and a half hours drive away.
When you buy the fish, make sure there is not too many fish in one bag. The bag should be approx. 1/4 water to 3/4 air. If they can put oxygen in that is even better.
Stand the bag(s) upright in the cooler bag and pack scrunched up newspaper around it (them). This will keep the bag(s) upright and act as more insulation. An old towel or similar works just as well.
I have been on holiday and kept fish in a bag for 2 days before getting home.
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby wilfy » Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 pm

try bubble wrap,great inculation and allso great protection ,wrap bags then put in cool bag or box .iv lined an old cooler box with B/W.
wilfy

Postby ady » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm

You should have no probs with them, following the advice above will keep
Them happy and alive.. 8)
humans are the only race,with the intelligence to save the earth...shame we have the ignorance to ignore the salvation!!!!!
ady

Return to Freshwater Discussion