It's official.

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

It's official.

Postby jzaine » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:10 pm

My shark is a digger. Everytime I look into the tank I see a deep hole in the sand. I fill it in and it comes back bigger. :lol: He was also found a new place to float upside down; under the filter. :roll:
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Postby Donnaw33 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:30 pm

I am glad my shark is not the only one that floats upside down, i think he is dead somedays. Though mine doesnt seem to dig.

Donna x
Donnaw33

Postby jzaine » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:02 pm

I'm glad that mine isn't the only one that does it. :lol:
"We feel your passion through and through, Philadelphia fans I love you." Harry kalas 1936-2009
jzaine

Postby chaoz » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:48 pm

haha mine stays upside down in her tube/cave i thought she had lost the plot!!!! she aslo swims backwards sometimes :lol:
Unofficial TTT fish rehomer :)

im just a clown loach addict!!!

chaoz

Postby jzaine » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:50 am

Mine swims backwards also but only for short distances, like to back out of a cave or something. He is either in the slate cave upside down, or under the filter upside down. :lol:
jzaine

Postby Apistogramma » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Tigger the clown loach (soon going on a long holiday to Chaoz's house) swims to the top of the tank and drifts down on his back without moving...he also sleeps on his side or back and plays dead after meals...
When he sees me at the desk and wants food he practically climbs out of the tank...he's nosing about in the corner nearest to me at the minute waiting for attention.
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby jzaine » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:51 am

My shark sleeps on an angle in the corner of his cave. Your loach sounds a lot like my guppy's. Whenever I enter the room they are always in the corner closest to me. They think that when they see me they will be getting fed, doesn't happen most of the time, just in the morning and at night. If, for some reason, I have to put my hand into the tank, every single one nibbles my arm, fingers, and hand thinking its food. It's led me to scrub my hands with warm water before making contact with the tank wate.
jzaine

Postby Apistogramma » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:14 am

Yes I get up to my elbows and above in my tank when I'm cleaning and pruning and checking on things - I always make sure I've not got any dog slobber or horse hoof/mane and tail products still hanging about...just in case!
Becky

*Aimlessly drives around in the steam roller with Karena's now fairly blunt scissors...and Lisa's hedge trimmer*

Apistogramma

Postby Donnaw33 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:08 pm

I have 3 clown loaches but one of them specifically is absolutely bonkers. It has to squeeze itself under the smallest of spaced in the tank and it has to wriggle its way in there and out the other side or reverses out again. One day it is going to get stuck i think, we also have a lighthouse in the tank and the three of them sleep vertically with their noses downwards in there. No wonder they are called clown loaches.

Donna x
Donnaw33

Return to Freshwater Discussion