Eheim replacement of Fluval 206?

Post your questions about aquarium equipment and decor items here...

Eheim replacement of Fluval 206?

Postby Mike1962 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 am

Currently I have a Fluval 206 external filter on my 120 litre tank. I'm not happy with it. To be fair, it was a second-hand unit given to me by a friend so I can't complain too much I suppose! Anyway, I find it fairly noisy, especially in our quiet living room environment, and it seems I only have to look at it in a funny way for it to need priming to stop various noises coming out of it!

So, after some research, I've decided to go for an equivalent Eheim model, but I'm getting a little confused as there seem to be about three models suited to my tank capacity but I don't know enough about them to choose the one to go for, so I'm hoping that some Eheim owners can point me in the right direction. Should I bee looking at Classic, eXperience, Pro 1, 2 and 3 etc.? I think I might be looking at the 2222 or 2224

My main priority (apart from having the right capacity of course) is noise level. It has to be as low as possible (within certain financial restrictions of course!).

I'm told that the Eheim external filters are some of the quietest out there, so could someone please advise me what model might be the one to go for with my tank?

Marty.
Mike1962

Re: Eheim replacement of Fluval 206?

Postby SparkyST » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Not a clue on the Eheim, but my newly purchased 206 is quiet, I cant hear it running at all. Where as my friend has a 205 which is very noisey. Would it be better to buy new parts etc for the 206 to make it like new and probably save you some money?
SparkyST

Postby englishmx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

As above, the noise is probably coming from the impeller, firstly give it a damn good clean, failing that get a new one, certainly be a lot cheaper than a new filter :wink:

I have a Fluval 306 that is all but silent
Mike...
englishmx

Postby markee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 pm

As above, i have a 205 & 2 x 405's & all are quiet, in fact the only way i know they're on is by the water movement in the tank!
markee

Return to Aquarium Equipment & Decor