LED lLighting

Post your questions about aquarium equipment and decor items here...

LED lLighting

Postby shazadh » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

As energy prices keep rising im sure people are thinking on how to keep consumption down. Some people I know have even shut down their aquariums. Which really is sad to hear, but im having none of it, I refuse to give up. Anyway i was thinking on Buying a LED light as they use less energy. I have been on ebay and seen some but not sure of the quality and if they really are safe to be submerged. Has anyone bought Led lighting and what do you think of it.

cheers
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Im loving it
fluval 190 venezia
albino corydoras
shazadh

Re: LED lLighting

Postby cousin it » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:46 pm

hi
All of my tanks now use led lighting, I have been running it on a few of them for about 4 years now and have finally converted all of them over to led.
Personally I use the TMC aquaray light units which carry a very good warranty and have given me good results, there are a few cheaper units available on the market which would be an option for fish only lights the arcadia units that replace fluorescent tubes could be an option.
Although most of the better units are designed to be close to water I would not consider submerging one in the same way as I would not submerge a fluorescent light unit and expect it to be safe.
Daran

there's always one
cousin it

Postby cousin it » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:27 pm

I was just reading the latest TMC catalogue and noticed that they are introducing a more cost effective form of led lights called the aquabar, they look quite interesting and could be what you are after for your tank, could be worth waiting a couple of months to see what these are like and what the pricing on them is.
Daran

there's always one
cousin it

Postby SparkyST » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 pm

They look interesting, Link here for prices I have found for them if they are the same as your talking about http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/fish-ta ... 64648.html
SparkyST

Postby cousin it » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 pm

That is the ones, if the support that TMC have given to their other led products is continued to this range they will definitely be a bargain.
I intend to get some when they become available to replace some t5 tubes I have on my rio 400.
Daran

there's always one
cousin it

Return to Aquarium Equipment & Decor