Spray bar

Post your questions about aquarium equipment and decor items here...

Spray bar

Postby MartinC » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I currently have a fluvial Rio 125 with the Bioflow internal filter, I have upgraded the heater to 200w to solve fluctuating temp and have upgraded the pump to 600l/h as I wanted a spare pump and thought I may swell upgrade the flow while I could. My problem is that with either pump the flow is causing my plants to grow almost horizontally!

Has anyone fitted a spray bar to this filter and if so which one? I have tried varying the angle of the outlet but it just causes the plants to bend in a different direction so I thought a spray bar would let me maintain a high flow without making the tank look like its been hit by a hurricane.
125l Fluval Rio
7 Tiger Barbs
5 Zebra Loaches
4 Red Harlequin Rasboras
5 Harlequin Rasboras
4 Otocinclus
MartinC

Re: Spray bar

Postby Rockfish » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Martin,

I had to re-read your post a couple of times because even though you mentioned Fluval, I'm sure your tank must be a Juwel Rio 125 if it has a Bioflow filter built-in?

A spray bar should work to spread the flow, but it might not be easy to fit the rigid pipe of a spray bar directly to the Juwel pump output, you might need a short piece of flexi-pipe to join the two.
Sean

Remember there's lots of info at The Tropical Tank main site!
Rockfish
Site Admin

Re: Spray bar

Postby MartinC » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:08 pm

oops, sorry about that, your correct of course.
think i might just have to trawl various lfs's, see if there is anything i can adapt.

unless anyone has done anything similar?????
125l Fluval Rio
7 Tiger Barbs
5 Zebra Loaches
4 Red Harlequin Rasboras
5 Harlequin Rasboras
4 Otocinclus
MartinC

Return to Aquarium Equipment & Decor