Co2 kit

A forum for plants and all aspects of planted aquariums.

Co2 kit

Postby Gazguildford » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:09 am

Sorry new to this forum and aquatic plants as I've always had cichlids but decided to give a planted community tank
I have a Roma 200 can anyone suggest a reasonably priced shop bought co2 kit I'm not looking for diy set up just a kit that would supply a 200l setup?
Thanks for your help
Gazguildford

Re: Co2 kit

Postby Rockfish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:37 am

Hi,

If you're after a shop-bought commercial kit then personally I like the JBL Proflora kits. Good quality and similar or cheaper than some of the competitors. Everyone has different ideas about what constitutes "reasonably priced" I guess, but you're likely to be looking at around £200+ for a complete kit. There's often a jump in the price if you go for a kit that includes a solenoid valve to shut the CO2 off at night, but it's generally cheaper than buying one separately.

As it's for 200L, I'd probably stay away from the smaller and cheaper kits with the disposable cylinders around 90g size, because although the kits are cheaper you would probably be replacing those smaller cylinders very regularly so it would be a false economy.
Sean

Remember there's lots of info at The Tropical Tank main site!
Rockfish
Site Admin

Postby Gazguildford » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 am

I was recommended this as a cheap start to co2 I will see how it goes
Gazguildford

Postby Rockfish » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:31 pm

You won't get the performance of a pressurised system with the fermentation type systems, and it might be a bit on the small side for the tank, but any CO2 above ambient is better than none and should still boost plant growth, so it's a relatively inexpensive way to give CO2 a go.
Sean

Remember there's lots of info at The Tropical Tank main site!
Rockfish
Site Admin

Return to Plants and Planted Aquariums