OMG is this tank a little overstocked ?

Discuss all aspects of freshwater tropical fish and aquariums.

OMG is this tank a little overstocked ?

Postby justlovindanios » Wed May 14, 2014 11:19 pm

just looking for a new tank on ebay when i came across this ad

Hi, you are bidding on my Juwel Rio 240 litre aquarium. I bought this brand new less than a year ago for £500. I'm reluctantly selling as me and my partner have split up and I have no room for it since moving back into my apartment. It has lots of accessories including 2 air pumps, air stones, many pieces of rock, 3 large pieces of drift wood, large artificial plants, pebbles, gravel, heater, magnetic glass cleaner, a hand crafted slate cave costing £35 alone nets, food and more not to mention it's full with an amazing collection of stunning tropical fish that have cost me upwards of £400 including 2 large oscars, a stunning 12 inch catfish, 3 convict cichlids, 7 gouramis, a pictus catfish, 3 silver sharks of good size, a red finned black shark, a large Senegalese polyperterus, a small albino polyperterus, 2 good size angel fish, 2 African knife fish, an elephant nose fish, 2 large tinfoil barbs, a large plecostomus a 8 inch marbled eel and others. The tank is in great condition with no scratches or leaks whatsoever. The cupboard is also in fantastic condition however one of the handles is a little loose, I believe it needs a new screw but it functions just fine still. The lights are official Juwel cylinders and are "natural" and "day". Whoever wins this is going to bag themselves a fantastic bargain believe me however,

*PLEASE NOTE*

You are buying this tank with all the fish, you MUST be prepared to empty the tank of fish and water before moving it as it will not be empty! The way I would recommend is using plastic under bed type storage boxes lined with bin bags and water from the tank, this will help them stay water tight and also keep the fish calm whilst in transit. If you have another tank already I would suggest moving the fish to that before tackling the aquarium but that is left with you. PLEASE ask any questions you may need to know before bidding as you are bidding to BUY. I will try and accommodate viewing if you so wish but please bare in mind that me and my ex have just split and also we both work very long hours. All in all this set up is worth well over £1000 so grab yourself an absolute bargain!!!! Cash on collection please and collection within a week of the auction ending. Item is in S43 Chesterfield. Very low reserve!

im a bit of a novice but isnt that an awful lot for a 240 litre tank ?? :shock:
juwel rio 125
fluval 405 ext
10 pentazona barb
red tail shark
justlovindanios

Re: OMG is this tank a little overstocked ?

Postby Carylnz » Thu May 15, 2014 1:37 am

Horrendously so. It would have been well stocked with just the 2 oscars. I can't believe he actually has those fish all living together without problems!
My home forum is The NZ Fishroom http://www.fnzas.org.nz
Carylnz

Postby englishmx » Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 am

Poor fish! I have just found the auction on eBay....The pictures :angry:
Mike...
englishmx

Postby justlovindanios » Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 pm

they must be so unhappy want to buy it just to re home the fish to suitable homes :angry:
juwel rio 125
fluval 405 ext
10 pentazona barb
red tail shark
justlovindanios

Return to Freshwater Discussion