Video introduction from a new member.

New to fishkeeping? This is the place to find out whatever you need to know!

Video introduction from a new member.

Postby Frenchieboy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi all! I am a member of several forums which cover my varied interests so here is a short video by way of an introduction.
I am new to keeping tropical fish and this video will show what set up I have if you care to click on the link - As long as I have done it properly..... I would welcome any comments, hints or tips from you "more experienced" tropical fish keepers on how I might improve my set up.
Thanks for having me on board!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87Ey9K84eI
Frenchieboy

Re: Video introduction from a new member.

Postby SparkyST » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:28 pm

The video is set to private so wont let me view it.

Cool idea for a introduction though and welcome :D
SparkyST

Postby Frenchieboy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Sorry about that, I wasn't thinking when I uploaded it. I have now changed it to "Public" so it should now be viewable.
Thanks for pointing out my error!
Frenchieboy

Postby SparkyST » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:49 pm

All working now, its a good looking tank and a nice selection of fish, how long have you had the tank up and running for?
SparkyST

Postby Frenchieboy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:57 pm

The tank has been up and running for about a fortnight but the fish were only introduced into it about a week ago after the water checks (Done at my local aquatic centre) came back as perfect.

Edit: Another water check was done 3 days ago which again returned perfect results. Through the video everything looks a little dark but this is because I was using just natural available light (Which is why there is a reflection of the window) but the water is in fact chrystal clear.
Frenchieboy

Postby SparkyST » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Keep an eye on the water conditions as thats a lot of fish to put into a tank at once especially a newly set up one.

Have a read up on the main site by clicking the Tropical Tank wording at the top left and have a read of the cycling section
SparkyST

Postby markee » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Welcome aboard :wink:
markee

Postby Frenchieboy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 am

SparkyST wrote:Keep an eye on the water conditions as thats a lot of fish to put into a tank at once especially a newly set up one.

Have a read up on the main site by clicking the Tropical Tank wording at the top left and have a read of the cycling section

Sparky - I appreciate what you are saying and I do get my water condition checked very regularly.
I get my water condition checked every 3 days at my local aquatics store (Which is only about 2 miles from my home, and all their staff are extremely helpful) and the results have come back perfect every time.
I did a 10% water change last Saturday. I used water that I had left in my spare (Smaller) aquarium with a spare (Used) filter and heater running in it for 24 hours. The temperature was exactly the same as in my "working tank" withinin the 24 hours. I got the water checked again a couple of hours after doing the water change - Again the results came back as "perfect" and my fish all seem to look "happy and healthy"!
Frenchieboy

Postby SparkyST » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:39 am

Frenchieboy wrote:
SparkyST wrote:Keep an eye on the water conditions as thats a lot of fish to put into a tank at once especially a newly set up one.

Sparky - I appreciate what you are saying and I do get my water condition checked very regularly.
I get my water condition checked every 3 days at my local aquatics store (Which is only about 2 miles from my home, and all their staff are extremely helpful) and the results have come back perfect every time.
I did a 10% water change last Saturday. I used water that I had left in my spare (Smaller) aquarium with a spare (Used) filter and heater running in it for 24 hours. The temperature was exactly the same as in my "working tank" withinin the 24 hours. I got the water checked again a couple of hours after doing the water change - Again the results came back as "perfect" and my fish all seem to look "happy and healthy"!

Sounds like you are on top of it :D
SparkyST

Return to Beginners